Capital One Survey Uncovers The Only Thing Americans Find More Challenging Than Simplifying Their Finances Is Simplifying Their Love Lives
McLean, Va., August 1, 2016 – In celebration of National Simplify Your Life Week (August 1 – August 5, 2016), Capital One released the findings of its nationwide Capital One Simplify Your Life survey to determine ways Americans are simplifying their lives, specifically their finances. Some of the most intriguing findings include:
- When asked which aspect of their lives would be the easiest to simplify, more than a quarter of respondents (27%) put their social lives at the top of the list, followed by their home lives (23%) and work lives (21%).
- Only 15 percent of Americans said their financial lives would be the easiest to simplify, and even fewer (14%) said their love lives would be the easiest to streamline.
- When it comes to simplifying their financial lives, getting a handle on where your money goes each month is a priority for many Americans. Nearly half (47%) said creating a feasible budget is one of the things they would do to help simplify their finances.
- Nearly a quarter (22%) said using straightforward credit card rewards/offers is one way they would help bring finances in line. Capital One offers two such reward cards, Quicksilver and Venture, that provide its cardholders straightforward rewards, as well as a suite of tools and resources providing value beyond the rewards.
- When asked which credit card management tool they could not live without, 41% said a mobile app, with access to all account information was their must-have. Capital One Wallet helps consumers keep track of all of their purchases in real-time and keeps them organized on the go.
- With nearly a quarter (22%) saying notifications of unusual or duplicate charges was a must have credit card management tool. Second Look from Capital One helps its customers spot potential mistakes and unexpected charges.
- Knowing where you stand before you start to make changes proved to be important for many respondents, with 23% saying knowing where they stood with their credit score is something they would do in an effort to simplify their finances.
Survey written by Taylor Global for Capital One and conducted using Google Consumer Surveys, July 2016. Survey conducted online in the United States from 7/26/16 – 7/28/16 using a validated, representative sample of 1,003 respondents. Demographic information was collected and inferred based on a respondent’s browsing history. The algorithm is the same method Google uses for advertising targeting, and uses significant indicators and patterns in order to determine gender & age.
About Capital One
Capital One Financial Corporation (www.capitalone.com) is a financial holding company whose subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N.A., had $221.1 billion in deposits and $339.1 billion in total assets as of June 30, 2016. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients through a variety of channels. Capital One, N.A. has branches located primarily in New York, Louisiana, Texas, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey and the District of Columbia. A Fortune 500 company, Capital One trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "COF" and is included in the S&P 100 index.